5600 Litre Steel Single Skin Oil Tank
5600 Litre Steel Single Skin Oil Tank
5600 Litre (Approx 1230 Gallons) single skin kerosene storage tank.
This steel tank is ideal for the storage of home heating oil.
These steel single skin home heating oil storage tanks are made from mild steel and offer an inexpensive storage option where a bunded tank is not required.
Supplied complete with:
- 2' vent including cap
- 2' fill point and cap (non return valve not included as standard)
- 1” BSP Bottom Outlet (complete with Gate Valve)
- ½” Drain
- Clock Contents Gauge
- 2 mm thick steel plate (internally braced)
- Two Pack Acrylic Polyurethane Paint
Standard Colour = Brunswick Green – BS381C/226
Other colours available: Red – BS381C/538, Blue – RAL5010, Yellow – BS4800, Brown – BS06C39
Can I fit a single skin oil tank?
In some cases, for DOMESTIC purposes, fitting a single skin oil tank can be suitable.
In ALL cases, an oil storage risk assessment should be carried out to determine the correct tank and installation (this can be carried out by an OFTEC approved engineer).
In brief a Bund or Bunded Tank is required in domestic situations if...
- Your tank is in Wales.
- You are storing over 2500 litres.
- Your tank is near an open drain or loose fitting manhole.
- Your tank is within 10m of controlled water such as a river, stream etc.
- Your tank is located where any spillage could travel over hard ground to reach controlled water.
- Your tank is located within 50m of a borehole, spring or well.
- Your tank vent is not visible from the fill point (such as an extended fill point)
- Your oil use is for a building other than a single family dwelling.
- Any other unique hazards to your site.
All NON-DOMESTIC oil tanks over 200 litres need to be bunded.
This Oil Tank must be installed and maintained in accordance to the current OFTEC guidelines, by an OFTEC Registered Technician or similarly competent person.
Fuel Tank Shop and the manufacturer will not be responsible for oil tank installations which do not comply with these requirements.
OFTEC Base Construction Guidelines (in brief):
- Adequate for the weight of the tank when full
- Non-combustible, imperforate and level
- Constructed of concrete, paving stones or stonework
- Large enough to extend 300mm beyond ALL sides of the tanks
- BS799 part 5
- Oil Pollution Prevention Guidelines (England & Wales) 2001 PPG2 - Above Ground Oil Storage Tanks
- Oil Pollution Prevention Guidelines (England & Wales) 2001 PPG26 – Drum and Intermediate Bulk Container Storage
Customers may return items within 14 calendar days (as per our Terms & Conditions) - refer to 4.6 & 4.7. **
Please be aware that returning a tank can be complicated and expensive so please check that you are ordering the correct item (we suggest checking the dimensions very carefully).
The delivery of a tank can be confusing as each manufacturer offers a slightly different service and lead time. Please refer to our Delivery Information page. Standard tank deliveries are "kerbside".
Most accessories will be delivered within 1-3 working days. If you require them quicker, we can on occasions offer a next day service (please contact us to discuss). If the item(s) are out of stock we will advise you of the expected lead time and you will of course have the opportunity to cancel with a full refund.
Product Code: ST1250
Delivery Options: HIAB Delivery Available
Guarantee: 2 Year Guarantee
Made From: Steel
Suitable For Fuel: Diesel, Gas Oil, Heating Oil
Tank Shape: Horizontal
Tank Type: Single Skin
Capacity: 5675 litres
Dimensions (l x w x h): 3050mm x 1220mm x 1525mm
- HIAB Delivery Available (please contact us for quote)
- Steel Tank Delivery - Via articulated lorry, customer to off-load (3 Day Window Delivery) - £220 + Vat (Postcode exclusions apply to - Scotland: AB, BT, HS, IV, KW, PA, PH Wales: SA, LD Cornwall: TR, PL, TQ)
This item can be made available for collection.
You may also like...
£732.00 ex VAT
(£878.40 inc VAT)
£1025.00 ex VAT
(£1,230.00 inc VAT)
£1125.00 ex VAT
(£1,350.00 inc VAT)
You can also...print this page